Our range of Hello Baby classes are designed to give you the knowledge to make educated choices about anything birth, babies and parenting related – and the skills to make this exciting time of your life as enjoyable as possible for everyone involved, including bub!
Health insurance holders may also be eligible for rebates – make sure to check with your insurance provider.
You are all so busy, so we listened and are now trialing flexible dates in 2018!
SEND US AN EMAIL ON THE FORM TO THE RIGHT OR FACEBOOK MESSAGE AND WE WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT DATES WE ARE RUNNING THESE POPULAR WORKSHOPS!
Want to put “calm and confident” on your list of birthing plan options?
Come along to our Calmbirth workshops to learn:
- How magnificently a woman's body was designed to conceive, nurture and birth her baby and how to work with this process on the day of your baby's birth
- That beliefs about birth can impact positively or negatively on your birth experience
- Practical skills of relaxation, breathing and visualisation that are proven to be instrumental in assisting the process of birth
- The importance of bonding with your baby and how this effects your baby's future life
- How to feel confident and to take control of your birth experience
Many women who felt overanxious or that they were “hopeless” with pain have walked out of our classes with excitement, and then cruised through their labour.
Classes are best when you’re between 24 to 34 weeks pregnant and are held monthly over a Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 3.30pm.
Cost: $495 per couple – includes morning tea, afternoon tea, workbook, USB and a goody-bag (with $50 redeemable vouchers for baby items)
Classes can be paid for via direct deposit (contact us for details)
To check dates and book – check out What’s On.
To find out more about Calmbirth, visit their website here
In this class we cover everything you need to know before your baby arrives! Best to attend anytime from 28 weeks. This interactive workshop covers:
- Hormones, breast design and milk production in the first weeks
- Positioning and attachment
- How to tell if your baby is getting enough milk
- 'Normal' newborn behaviours/sleep
- Immediately after birth - what to expect while in Birth Suite?
- Gestational diabetes and antenatal expressing
- How partners and relatives can play a supportive role
- The art of returning to work while breastfeeding
- Solutions for Breastfeeding challenges
- Local Mackay breastfeeding support networks
Many of the partners just think this is 'womens business' and are not keen to head along. That couldn't be further from the truth. They are the ones with you night and day, feeling the change in lifestyle and the more difficult aspects of the sleep deprivation! It is important that they are understanding their newborns behaviour also and we often find it is the partners that retain more of the information and will remind you of what we spoke about when you are finding the early days a little challenging. Your success with breastfeeding is often directly related to the amount of support you receive from those around you. We often have grandmothers-to-be come along and comment how things have changed since they either breast or bottle fed you and your siblings!
We are even happy for the guys to bring a few beers along for the evening session - we will do anything to get you to hear this really important information!
If you really enjoy the session, you are welcome to come back at a later date for free - something to do when you may have finished work and waiting for your bubba to arrive. Its like a good movie - you hear something different you didn't even notice we said the first time you came!
Cost: $60 per couple
Sessions are held on various dates - see facebook page or email for dates
Classes can be paid for by direct deposit (contact us for details)
Beer, Baby & BBQ Masterclass OR Breakfast Workshop
Mums – need a way to entice your partner or other relatives along to an antenatal class with you? Our Beer, Baby & BBQ masterclass allows attendees to bring along a brewski as they learn in a fun and relaxed atmosphere about these topics. Or attend our Sunday Breakfast Workshop and enjoy a selection of continental and hot breakfast foods while discussing:
- Early labour and how to recognise the signs
- When to go to hospital or ring your midwife/doctor
- Stages of labour and what to expect
- Pain relief – natural and not so natural
- What happens after baby is born
- Role of the support person in labour
- Hot topics of the day - eg: delayed cord clamping, skin-to-skin
- Support at home with a new baby
- Learn a few practical skills like bathing, swaddling and nappy changing. This is where the fun begins!
Our masterclass is held every second month on a Friday from 2 to 9pm and Breakfast Class on a Sunday morning every other month depending on numbers– and all are welcome (partners, parents, grandparents and so on). Be prepared for a very casual, fun filled class, with lots of laughs and good food. BYO a few drink (for those non pregnant ones amongst you of course) for the BBQ session.
Feel free to bring grandmas-to-be, aunties-to-be or anyone else who will be interested in sharing a few laughs over 6 hours with you. Many relatives comment on how birth has changed over the years.
GREAT IDEA FOR A BABY SHOWER PRESENT - GET THEM TO GET YOU A GIFT VOUCHER TODAY!
Cost: $150 per couple + $50 per extra person – includes food.
Classes can be paid for by secure server below or direct deposit (contact us for details)
Alcohol is BYO – please keep in mind that safe drinking practices will be in place. After all – not much point coming along if you’re just going to forget it all!
Early Bird Pregnancy Sessions
When you first find out you’re pregnant, it can be quite daunting and a bit scary – this is where knowledge is power! Our Early Bird Sessions are about being informed early on in your pregnancy, so that you can focus on the health of you and your baby right from the get-go. We cover topics such as:
- A positive pregnancy test… now what?
- Physiological and emotional changes in pregnancy
- Growth and development of your baby
- Antenatal tests and screening – you have choices!
- Common discomforts and when to seek medical advice
- Nutrition/exercise/safe weight gain in pregnancy
- Schedules for antenatal visits/blood tests/ultrasounds
- Models of pregnancy and birthing care in Mackay and the choices available to you, including GP/Shared care/Private sector/Midwifery Group Practice/ Mackay Birth Centre/ Mackay Base Hospital. These sessions include firsthand information from the health care providers themselves.
This class is best attended before you are 15 weeks pregnant.
Class can be paid for by secure server below, direct deposit (contact us for details) or cash on the day.
Cost: $50 per person
"Drug free, calm birth on all fours, total focus - an absolutely serene experience for our last bub!" Calmbirth participants - Megan& Jacob